The HON S deglazing and honing machine is designed and developed for easy operation directly on the engine or in honing rig. The process of honing rectifies the shape of the liner, returning it to circular shape, it also removes scuffed areas and restores the surface cross pattern. Due to the variable hoisting speed and exchangeable gearbox, the optimal cross-angle pattern can be achieved. The machine is highly accurate, having mechanically adjustable stone pressure.
The HON S is fully pneumatically driven, though it can be fitted with an electric driving unit on request. Other options include extra 8-armed honing heads for special application and an automated stroke control, potentially making the operation of the HON S as comfortable as it is effective.
- For honing of liners 150 - 600 mm bore
- Easy to operate directly on the engine or in honing rig
- Honing rectifies the shape of the liner, restores scuffed areas and restores surface cross pattern
- Variable hoisting speed and exchangeable gearbox for optimal cross-angle pattern and honing capacity
- Fully air-driven machine. Electric driving unit available on request
- Mechanically adjustable stone pressure for best accuracy
- Extra 8-armed honing heads available for special applications
- Automatic stroke control
Available for several engine makers, e.g: ALLEN, BERGEN, CATERPILLAR, CREPPELE, DAIHATSU, DE LAVAL, DEUTZ, GENERAL MOTORS/EMD, GMT, HYUNDAI, INGERSOLL-RAND, MaK, MAN B&W, MIRRLEES, MITSUBISHI, MTU, MWM, NIIGATA, NOHAB, PIELSTICK, ROLLS ROYCE, RUSTON DIESEL, SKL, SULZER, SUPERIOR, WARTSILA, WICKMANN, YANMAR